Former Minister of Power, Environment & Industry
* Chartered Accountant (All India Rank Holder), Law graduate. Doing 2 Ph.Ds, in Germany (Climate Change), Mumbai (economics). Awarded Honorary Doctorates in India and abroad, including in Latin America.
* Federal Cabinet Minister of India, 6 portfolios(Industry, Environment and Forest, Power, Chemicals &Fertilizers, Heavy Industry & Public Enterprises, ILR)
Introduced landmark legislations and policy initiatives leading to transparent, participatory administration. Recognized as one of the best performing Minister.
* Was part of highest decision making body of then ruling alliance of National Democratic alliance(NDA)led by the Prime Minister.
* 4 consecutive terms as Member of National Parliament, was part of all important committees and forums of parliament. Led many MPs delegations and recognized as the best MP.
* Was in co-operative sector at all levels, local to global, dealing with all types of activities and youngest ever chairman of largest urban co-op Bank in India.
* Worked at grassroots to bring a holistic model of development, low cost, participatory. Trained 56,000 poor for self employment. Now working towards 100000 more to be trained for being on their own.
* Is involved with several global activities in the field of Energy, Economy, Water, Agriculture, Governance, SMES, etc thus part of a large number of International organisations. Have been connected with several global networks for several decades. Was selected as Youth elder of Asia at IYY.
* Participate in several track 2 Strategic dialogues with some key nations.
* Connected with over 100 organizations, NGOs dealing in Rural development, education, HIV AIDS, Medical care, vocational training, music, arts, culture, literary work, libraries, old age care, infrastructure, watershed development, farmers, youth, sports administration, industry organizations, employees welfare etc.
* Travelled to over 100 countries in all parts of the world and have visited over 80% of the districts of India.
* Write, speak on most important platforms, forums on variety of subjects all over the world. Was an Anchor (only MP) for long time for Lok Sabha TV. Written on many important and very diverse issues in prestigious publication, across the world.
* Has rich and varied experience in finance, accountancy, law, policy making and it’s efficient implementation, rural development strategies, energy, water, climate change, environment, geopolitical strategic issues.
* Advisor to UN organization.
* Received innumerable awards, recognition, globally. Was awarded as best minister, MP etc. besides for other exemplary work in various diverse spheres of activities.
* Innovative ideas implementation has been a hallmark of his activities. Creation of concept of Parivartan Kendra (centers for transformation), in rural areas for holistic development, with people’s participation and with a very low cost model of development. Working on integrated resource based development in rural atlas, for water, soil, people all agricultural inputs, using cutting edge technology. Compiled all Government schemes in a book form for the benefit of rural people.
* Introduced landmark legislation in power (Electricity Act 2003), Energy Efficiency law), In Environmental issues (Municipal Solid Waste, Medical waste, etc), in Chemical Weapons etc.
* Have received innumerable awards all over the world for his contribution in various fields of life.
* Has taught an MBA programme, law course etc. Been a visiting professor in many academic institutions. Now Adjunct Professor at National Institute of Advance Studies (NIAS).
* Has made presentations on many subjects at various prestigious forums.
* Led and participated in several important delegations in different parts of the world on many vital subjects as Minister, leading for India, MPs delegations and even in individual capacity.
* Rich experience in law making, policy framing and its successful implementation to maximize outcomes. Expert in social marketing and well versed with political economy. Very transparent functioning in all ministries and with all stakeholder participation. Unprecedented actions as minister resulted in recovery of huge public money and saved mammoth moneys from being lost by the Government.
* Well versed with private, public, co-operative, social sector functioning at all levels, local, national and global